I feel so loved! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Kaui from Maui and by Stash Matters! I’m always so busy that I find it hard to post anything, so I’m blown away and so thankful that someone appreciates what I post! Thank you again, ladies!
The rules of the award:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions asked by the nominator
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees
5. Notify all nominees on their blogs and/or social media
Let me just preface this: I’m still learning about WordPress and how things work, so I don’t know how to find out how many followers somebody has. If any of my nominees has any more than that, I’m sorry! Let’s just say, I like what you post already and I wanna see more
- If you could pick a career for yourself, what would you choose?
I’m going to school for elementary education, so ideally I want to be a teacher. I just had an interview with a Learning Center here in MI, so I’m trying to branch out and get a “big girl job” and cut back on my retail job.
- How many posts do you have in your drafts?
Actually none! But, I do have like three posts that I plan on posting that I already took pictures for so that I have something to post later.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Graduated! And with a teaching job! Fingers crossed…
- What do you like about school?
I have had a lot of opportunities that I never would have gotten if I hadn’t gone to college, like working with elementary and middle schoolers. I’m very blessed to even have the chance to go to school, so I’m very thankful for that.
- If you could create a class for high school students, what would it be?
I think I would create a class that’s to really prepare them for college. My school had an ACT Prep class, but nothing that actually prepared me for my freshman year of college, which I did absolutely hoooorribly in. College is hard, man!
- What’s your favorite hobby (blogging aside)?
I think I’d have to say going to new places and trying new things in my city, whether it be local shops, fancy drink places, or what have you. That also goes for traveling to new places.
- If you could choose something for every person on Earth to agree on, what would it be?
Diversity is such an important part of our world, so I don’t want to say something like “religion” or something. I guess I would say I want all of us to take care of the Earth, from the type of energy we use, to recycling, to water conservation, etc, etc.
- If you could spend a day with a fictional character, who would it be?
Can I say four characters? The girls from Sex and the City, of course. If I can only choose one, either Samantha or Carrie. Samantha because I guarantee she could show me a good time. Carrie because she’s wise and sassy. I can’t choose!
- How do you handle disagreements?
I wish I could say something like, “I talk through things calmly and discuss the problem” or something, but honestly, I completely shut myself off. I’m so bad with confrontation, I find it easiest for me to just distance myself from the problem.
- What’s one of your short term goals?
I’m trying to go on a no-buy for the rest of March and until my birthday in late-April.
- What makes you feel enlightened?
My plants. I seriously love taking care of something and watching them grow.
Stash Matter’s Questions:
- What is your favorite meal to eat?
Since dessert isn’t technically a meal, I will have to say breakfast. Something about waffles and bacon, man…
- What is your favorite subject in school?
When I was in high school, I loved band class. I played the tenor saxophone and was darn good at it, if I do say so myself. In college, I’d have to say anything science-related. Future science teacher at work, after all!
- Do you wear a watch? If no, why not?
I generally do not. I bought a watch when I was in Paris, but I never seem to wear it… It just seems very bulky on my wrist and I’m bad at reading analog clocks, anyway.
- Heels or flats?
I wear flats on an every-day basis, but I love being fancy with some heels or wedges when I go out.
- Favorite game as a child?
I played the Nancy Drew computer games like nobody’s business. Actually, they’re still kind of fun. No shame!
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Spending my hard-earned money on makeup, shoes, and clothes. I have a problem.
- Do you play any musical instruments?
I play the saxophone and the piano!
- Are you an only child? If not, what birth order do you fall in? How do you think that has shaped you?
I am the youngest of three girls and you’d think I have gotten away with murder. I’m the baby, so my parents will do anything for me (not to mention, my sister is kind of a bad egg so I look like an angel compared to her!).
- Which makeup brand do you think is over-hyped?
The first one that comes to my mind is MAC. I love their products, don’t get me wrong, but there is so much out there that is as good if not better for way less $.
- What magazines do you read on a regular basis?
Ugh, I wish I even had time to read magazines. Do textbooks count?
- What is on your keychain?
Keys (obviously), a sugar skull bottle cap charm, and a Weight Watchers 30-pound award. I’m so lame. I know.
Here are my nominations; make sure to check out their lovely blogs:
Lauren Turner, Sweet Escape, Glam and Glitter, Amanda Wehberg, Charm and Chocolate, Kimberly Loveless, Melissa Meets Makeup, Fangirling Owl, Beauty by Isabeau, Oupiee’s World, and Living Life Curiously.
Again, if you’ve got more than 200 followers or have already been nominated, I’m sorry!
1. What is one thing you wish you were more motivated to do?
2. What is the last book you read?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. Do you have a doppelgänger (look-alike)?
5. What is your favorite Disney movie?
6. What is the first thing you’d buy if you won the lottery?
7. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
8. How many selfies do you have saved on your phone?
9. If you could live in a different era, what would it be?
10. Have you ever been in a car accident?
11. What do you usually order at a restaurant?
*Side note, I told my mom that I was nominated and her whole face lit up and she seriously did a little happy dance. Hahah, she’s so supportive.*